- Award for Excellence in Open Education: Brenda Smith
- BCcampus’s two Pressbooks instances will be upgraded from 7am-10am on Jan 23. List of updates and bug fixes: https://open.bccampus.ca/pressbooks-updates/#upcoming
- Update: Hard-back OpenStax books come to Canada
- Cambria College has been added to the Institution drop-down menu on the Adoption Form.
- Call for Proposals: Marketing OER
- Related (software is openly licensed): An Education in Electronic Health Records
- Living Well with Dementia (KPU) has been updated with Living life with dementia
- Welcome to our new Regional Representatives: Carolee and Ross
- BCcampus Open Homework Systems Advisory Group
- Award for Excellence in Open Education: Will Engle
- From Lost to Belonging by Amanda Coolidge – OpenEd 2019 keynote
- We’ve updated our OpenEd Info Sheet for Fall 2019. Find it here.
- Call for proposals: Open Education Resource Development for the Trades
- BCcampus heads to #OpenEd19
- Ongoing adoption: Estimating, calculating, and tracking
- Hard-back OpenStax books come to Canada
- Award for Excellence in Open Education: Terry Berg
- Call open for Festival of Learning 2020
- From Zed Cred to ZTC: Clarifying what institutions really mean
- Post-Secondary Directory expanded to include all of Canada
- Early thoughts on the BCcampus open homework systems project
- Easier customization: 33 OpenStax textbooks now in Pressbooks
- Completed: Adoption Guide – 2nd Edition
- Evaluate an Open Textbook & Find an Open Textbook updated in Adaptation Guide
- BCIT recipient of 2020 OE Sustainability Grant
- Research survey on Educational Developers and Open Education Practices opened
- New categories have been added to the B.C. Open Textbook Collection:
- Language Learning: Arabic Language
- Language Learning: Korean Language
- Humanities: Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Education: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Award for Excellence in Open Education: Aran Armutlu
- 2019 Open Education Sustainability Grant recipients
- $3.26M pledged to OER to enable student savings throughout the province
- 100+ textbooks in the BC collection are now accessible.
- Introducing the 2019/20 Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellows
- New faculty-only test bank for Introduction to Psychology (University of Saskatchewan).
- Looking for students to submit short smartphone recordings on their open education views. All entries will be compiled into one video and shown at the OE Global Conference 2019 in Milan, Italy. Deadline: September 30, 2019. For details, see OE Global Conference on BCcampus Events.
- “Zed Cred” relabelled as “Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) programs.” Read blog.
- 2019 Open Education Sustainability Grant Recipients
- FAQ guide now called Answer Guide
- Two new answers/FAQ created:
- Established standard placement of open education information:
- Added Appendix B: Pressbooks Catalogues to Pressbooks Guide
- New categories added to the BC Open Textbook Collection:
- Language Learning > Arabic Language
- Language Learning > Korean Language
- Humanities > Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Education > Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Adaptation of KPU’s Student Agreement to Publish Course Work Under a Creative Common’s License added:
- Post-Secondary Directory now includes section on Canada
- Books under consideration and review for the B.C. Open Textbook Collection now posted in the OER by Discipline Directory
- Pressbooks Feedback form removed from open.bccampus.ca
- New Embedding and Linking chapter in the Self-Publishing Guide with FAQs.
- ebook and print ISBNs now added to all BCcampus published textbooks in the BC collection. See ISBN for Open Textbooks
- To improve the discoverability in the B.C. Open Textbook Collection, new categories and subcategories added to better reflect the structure and content of the collection.
- New grant: Open Education Sustainability Grant for Institutions
- New Adult Basic Education (ABE) projects, funded by BCcampus, currently in progress.
- The OER by Discipline Guide renamed OER by Discipline Directory
- Slides from the Inclusive Design Webinar Series added to the Accessibility Toolkit
- The new BCcampus Open Education website has been launched.
- New ancillary resources are now available for Democracy in Brief including a summary and question bank, and slides created by Dr. Janni Aragon, University of Victoria.
- A Canada map icon now used to identify Canadian content in the OER by Discipline Guide