About This Guide
I. Accounts and Users
1. Pressbooks for B.C. and the Yukon
2. Pressbooks Accounts
3. Passwords and Usernames
4. Provide Access to Others
II. Book Set Up
6. Accessibility for Administrators
7. Language and Script Support
8. Annotation with Hypothes.is
10. The Dashboard
11. Add a New Book
12. Parts: Add, Change, Organize
13. Chapters: Add, Change, Organize
14. Front Matter: Add, Change, Organize
15. Back Matter: Add, Change, Organize
16. Automatic Pages and Features
17. Word Count
III. Add Content
18. Create New Content
19. Import Options for Pressbooks Content
20. Clone a Book
21. Import a Pressbooks File
22. Import from WordPress
23. Import a Web Page or Pressbooks Webbook
24. Import a Word Document
25. Copy and Paste from Word
26. Import a Google Doc
27. Import an OpenDocument Text (ODT) File
28. Import an EPUB File
IV. Enhance Content
29. Hyperlink Material
30. Blockquotes and Pullquotes
31. Lists: Bulleted and Numbered
33. Images and Files
35. Videos, Audio, and Interactive Media
36. Media Attributions
37. Footnotes and Endnotes
38. Glossary Terms
39. Revisions Tool
40. Formatting Tips and Problems
41. Math Support
V. LaTeX Questions Answered
42. Where can I learn about LaTeX?
43. What is LaTeX?
44. How do I write a LaTeX expression in Pressbooks?
45. Which LaTeX commands work in Pressbooks?
46. How do I view an expression as it appears in LaTeX markup?
47. What is the difference between MathJax and QuickLaTeX?
48. How do I know if I'm using MathJax or QuickLaTeX?
49. Should LaTeX be used for all expressions, including simple ones?
50. Is there a simple website or application that I can use to test my LaTeX before adding it to Pressbooks?
51. What kind of symbols can I write using LaTeX?
52. How do I create an array using LaTeX?
53. How do I make brackets around an expression bigger?
54. Can I use characters from the Pressbooks special character bank in LaTeX commands?
55. Why won't my LaTeX render properly in the PDF export of my book when it works fine in the web book?
VI. Plugin Features
56. Activate Plugins
57. H5P for Interactive Material
59. WP Quick LaTeX
60. Third-Party Plugins
VII. Delete Content
61. Delete a Chapter
62. Delete a Part
63. Delete a Book
VIII. Prepare for Publication
64. Book Cover
65. Book Info Page
66. Add Contributors
67. Export Files
68. Make a Book Public
70. Pressbooks Directory
71. Export Content into an LMS Course
72. Book Statistics Inside Pressbooks
73. Statistics for BCcampus Publications
X. Pressbooks Support Resources
74. Pressbooks Updates
75. Pressbooks Video Tutorial Series
76. LaTeX Support
77. Webinar PowerPoint Slides
78. Webinar Recordings
79. Pressbooks FAQ
80. Pressbooks Feedback
Appendix A: Administrators, Developers, Technical Support
Appendix B: Pressbooks Catalogues
Appendix C: OpenStax Textbooks in Pressbooks
Appendix D: Other Pressbooks Resources
List of Links by Chapter for Print Users
Book Set Up
To learn about standard layout for back matter, see Textbook Outline in the Self-Publishing Guide.
Pressbooks Guide by BCcampus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.