BCcampus Open Education believes that education must be available to everyone; this means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks we produce.
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of the Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management include the following features:
- It as been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology:
- all content can be navigated using a keyboard
- links, headings, tables use proper markup
- all images have text descriptions
- It includes an option to increase font size. (See tab on top right of screen titled, “Increase Font Size.”)
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the Download this book drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
If you are using a print copy of this textbook, you can find the web addresses for all websites mentioned in this book in the back matter.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
There are no known accessibility issues at this time.
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this book
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact us to let us know, so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader
You can contact us through the following form: Report an Open Textbook Error
Help us improve the accessibility of our resources
Are you interested in helping us make more of our textbooks accessible? If you have Pressbooks experience, a basic knowledge of web accessibility guidelines, and some time your are willing to volunteer, we would love some help as we have a number of textbooks that need remediation work. Contact us.
This statement was last updated on June 24, 2019.