The web version of Health Care Assistant Program Supplement to the Provincial Curriculum Guide (2015) has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features:
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- All content can be navigated using a keyboard
- Links, headings, and tables are formatted to work with screen readers
- Images have alt tags
- Information is not conveyed by colour alone.
- There is an option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen).
Other File Formats Available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for e-readers), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download the guide in another format. Look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
Those using a print copy of this resource can find the URLs for any websites mentioned in this resource in the footnotes.
Known Accessibility Issues and Areas for Improvement
While we strive to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below.
- Tables use merged cells but they have been structured to work properly with screen readers.
The web version of this resource has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA. In addition, it follows all guidelines in Accessibility Toolkit: Checklist for Accessibility. The development of this toolkit involved working with students with various print disabilities who provided their personal perspectives and helped test the content.