Appendix: Checklist for Accessibility Toolkit
- ☐ Contents is organized under headings and subheadings
- ☐ Headings and subheadings are used sequentially (e.g. Heading 1, heading 2, etc
- ☐ Images that convey information include Alternative Text (alt-text) descriptions of the image’s content or function
- ☐ Graphs, Charts, and Maps also include contextual or supporting details in the text surrounding the image.
- ☐ Images do not rely on colour to convey information.
- ☐ Images that are purely decorative contain empty alternative text descriptions. (Descriptive text is unnecessary if the image doesn’t convey contextual content information).
- ☐ Tables include row and column headers.
- ☐ Table includes title or caption.
- ☐ Table does not have merged or split cells.
- ☐ Table has adequate cell padding
- ☐ The weblink is meaningful in context, does not use generic text such as “click here” or “read more”.
- ☐ Weblinks do not open new windows or tabs.
- ☐ If weblink must open in a new window, a textual reference is included in the link information
- ☐ A transcript has been made available for a multimedia resource that includes audio narration or instruction.
- Transcript includes:
- Speaker’s name
- All speech content
- Relevant descriptions of speech
- Descriptions of relevant non-speech audio
- Headings and subheadings
- ☐ Captions of all speech content and relevant non-speech content are included in the multimedia resource that includes audio synchronized with a video presentation.
- ☐ Audio descriptions of contextual visuals (graphs, charts, etc) are included in the multimedia resource.
- ☐ Formulas have been created using MathML.
- ☐ Formulas are images with alternative text descriptions, if MathML is not an option.
- ☐ Font size is 12 point or higher for body text.
- ☐ Font size is 9 point for footnotes or end notes.
- ☐ Font size can be zoomed to 200%.