© 2021 Allison Kilgannon
The CC licence permits you to retain, reuse, copy, redistribute, and revise this book—in whole or in part—for free providing the author is attributed as follows:
by Allison Kilgannon is used under a CC BY-NC 4.0 Licence
This text is predominately adapted from The Word on College Reading and Writing by Carol Burnell, Jaime Wood, Monique Babin, Susan Pesznecker, and Nicole Rosevear, which is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 Licence.
However, it also includes chapters from the following open resources:
- Communication for Business Professionals by eCampus Ontario (who adapted it from other sources), which is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence.
- Writing for Success by an author that has been removed by request of the publisher, which is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence.
- How to Learn Like a Pro! by Phyllis Nissila, which licensed under a CC BY 4.0 License.
- College Success by an author that has been removed by request of the publisher, which is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence.
- University Success (2nd Edition) by N. Mahoney, B. Klassen, M. D’Eon, & L. Marken, which is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence.
- Better Writing from the Beginning by Jenn Kepkam, which is licensed under a CC BY 4.0 Licence.
- About Writing by Robin Jeffrey, which is licensed under a CC BY 4.0 Licence.
- University 101: Study, Strategize and Succeed by Kwantlen Polytechnic University Learning Centres, which is licensed under a CC BY-SA 4.0 Licence.
During the process of remixing this book, Allison Kilgannon made the following changes throughout:
- Reorganized, added, and edited chapters and text to meet ABE learning outcomes and context.
- Edited text to remove instances of informal voice.
- Replaced American content, terminology, and spelling with Canadian.
- Added textboxes where appropriate to break up text.
- Moved image attributions to the end of each chapter.
More specific attribution statements are provided at the end of each chapter to specify what content was adapted from where. Chapters without attribution statements are original content by Allison Kilgannon.
If you redistribute all or part of this book, it is recommended the following statement be added to the copyright page so readers can access the original book at no cost:
Download for free from the B.C. Open Collection
Sample APA-style citation (7th Edition):
Kilgannon, A. (2021). Advanced English. BCcampus. https://opentextbc.ca/advancedenglish/
Cover image attribution:
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-77420-122-0
Print ISBN: 978-1-77420-121-3
Visit BCcampus Open Education to learn about open education in British Columbia.