- Incorporate best practices for presenting from slides.
- Learn citation standards for slides.
- Search for and use images that are not copyright protected in your presentation.
- Practise your presentation outside the classroom so you know how long it takes and can pace yourself.
- Incorporate classroom engagement techniques into your presentation discussion.
Giving a presentation is a great way to practise speaking in front of others, presenting material from another source, summarizing, and engaging your classmates. Presentations are typically assigned either to individuals or groups. Depending on the class, presentations can last anywhere from five minutes to an hour.