How to Access and Use this Resources
This resource is available in the following formats:
- Online webbook. You can read this book online on a computer or mobile device in one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
- PDF. You can download this book as a PDF to read on a computer (Digital PDF) or print it out (Print PDF).
- Mobile. If you want to read this book on your phone or tablet, you can use the EPUB (eReader) or MOBI (Kindle) files.
- HTML. An HTML file can be opened in a browser. It has very little style so it doesn’t look very nice, but some people might find it useful.
You can access the online webbook and download any of the formats for free here: Pulling Together: A Guide for Researchers, Hiłḵ̓ala. To download the book in a different format, look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu and select the file type you want.
|Format||Internet required?||Device||Required apps||Accessibility Features||Screen reader compatible|
|Online webbook||Yes||Computer, tablet, phone||An Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)||WCAG 2.0 AA compliant, option to enlarge text, and compatible with browser text-to-speech tools, videos with captions||Yes|
|No||Computer, print copy||Adobe Reader (for reading on a computer) or a printer||Ability to highlight and annotate the text. If reading on the computer, you can zoom in.||Unsure|
|EPUB and MOBI||No||Computer, tablet, phone||Kindle app (MOBI) or eReader app (EPUB)||Option to enlarge text, change font style, size, and colour.||Unsure|
|HTML||No||Computer, tablet, phone||An Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)||WCAG 2.0 AA compliant and compatible with browser text-to-speech tools.||Yes|
Tips for Using This Resource
- Search the resource.
- If using the online webbook, you can use the search bar in the top right corner to search the entire book for a key word or phrase. To search a specific chapter, open that chapter and use your browser’s search feature by hitting [Cntr] + [f] on your keyboard if using a Windows computer or [Command] + [f] if using a Mac computer.
- The [Cntr] + [f] and [Command] + [f] keys will also allow you to search a PDF, HTML, EPUB, and MOBI files if you are reading them on a computer.
- If using an eBook app to read this book, the app should have a built-in search tool.
- Navigate the resource.
- This resource has a table of contents to help you navigate through the book easier. If using the online webbook, you can find the full table of contents on the book’s homepage or by selecting “Contents” from the top menu when you are in a chapter.
- Annotate the resource.
- If you like to highlight or write on your books, you can do that by getting a print copy, using the Digital PDF in Adobe Reader, or using the highlighting tools in eReader apps.
Webbook vs. All Other Formats (Only if the resource has videos, H5P, audio)
The webbook includes three interactive H5P activities. If you are not using the webbook to access this resource, this content will not be included. Instead, your copy of the text will provided a link to where you can access that content online.
However, the interactive activities are also provided in alternate formats for people not using the webbook. They have been made available in a static format in the Appendix A and B.
Even if you decide to use a PDF or a print copy to access the book, you can access the webbook and download any other formats at any time.