BCcampus Open Education believes that education must be available to everyone. This means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the resources we produce.
Accessibility of This Resource
The web version of Principles of Social Psychology – 1st International H5P Edition has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA. In addition, it follows all guidelines in Appendix A: Checklist for Accessibility of the Accessibility Toolkit – 2nd Edition. It includes:
- Easy navigation. This resource has a linked table of contents and uses headings in each chapter to make navigation easy.
- Accessible videos. All videos in this resource have captions.
- Accessible images. All images in this resource that convey information have alternative text. Images that are decorative have empty alternative text.
- Accessible links. All links use descriptive link text.
|Headings||Content is organized under headings and subheadings that are used sequentially.||Yes|
|Images||Images that convey information include alternative text descriptions. These descriptions are provided in the alt text field, in the surrounding text, or linked to as a long description.||Yes|
|Images||Images and text do not rely on colour to convey information.||Yes|
|Images||Images that are purely decorative or are already described in the surrounding text contain empty alternative text descriptions. (Descriptive text is unnecessary if the image doesn’t convey contextual content information.)||Yes|
|Tables||Tables include row and/or column headers that have the correct scope assigned.||Yes|
|Tables||Tables include a title or caption.||Yes|
|Tables||Tables do not have merged or split cells.||No|
|Tables||Tables have adequate cell padding.||Yes|
|Links||The link text describes the destination of the link.||Yes|
|Links||Links do not open new windows or tabs. If they do, a textual reference is included in the link text.||Yes|
|Links||Links to files include the file type in the link text.||Yes|
|Video||All videos include high-quality (i.e., not machine generated) captions of all speech content and relevant non-speech content.||No|
|Video||All videos with contextual visuals (graphs, charts, etc.) are described audibly in the video.||Yes|
|H5P||All H5P activities have been tested for accessibility by the H5P team and have passed their testing.||Yes|
|H5P||All H5P activities that include images, videos, and/or audio content meet the accessibility requirements for those media types.||Yes|
|Font||Font size is 12 point or higher for body text.||Yes|
|Font||Font size is 9 point for footnotes or endnotes.||Yes|
|Font||Font size can be zoomed to 200% in the webbook or eBook formats.||Yes|
Known Accessibility Issues and Areas for Improvement
- Tables use merged cells but they have been structured to work properly with screen readers.
- These videos do not have edited captions
- Video 2.1 Funny Commercials uploaded by kin100.
- Video 2.2 Bandura Discussing Clips From His Modeling Studies uploaded by Heath Kaplan.
Let Us Know if You are Having Problems Accessing This Book
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact us to let us know so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The name of the resource
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description.
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue (e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader)
You can contact us one of the following ways:
This statement was last updated on October 27, 2022.