Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About BCcampus Open Education
1. Definition of Adapt
2. Reasons to Adapt an Open Textbook
3. Permission to Adapt
4. Three Steps Before You Begin
5. Start Small
6. Is This Book Already Available?
7. Find an Open Textbook
8. Evaluate an Open Textbook
9. Make a Plan
10. What Are the Changes
11. Attribution Statements
12. Choose a Licence
13. Adaptation Statement
14. Publish and Distribute
15. Adapt Content in an LMS
16. How to Cite an Adaptation in an LMS
17. How to Adapt a Restricted Textbook with Permission
18. How to Attribute When Author Doesn't Own Copyright
Appendix 1: How to Canadianize an OER
Adaptation Guide by BCcampus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.