- Critically refine a definition of a food system.
- Explain the spatial and historical development of food systems in the context of British Columbia.
- Critically explain controversial issues surrounding the contemporary food system.
- Produce maps that display information about food system dynamics in the context of British Columbia.
- Explain sustainable agricultural strategies that respond to global, regional and local challenges.
- Analytically deploy concepts like (but not limited to) food miles, food deserts, commodity chains, food security, food sovereignty, food justice, agricultural derivatives, bioenergy, genetically modified organisms, permaculture, organic agriculture and sustainable agriculture.