Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of the Pulling Together: A Guide for Teachers and Instructors has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features:
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- all content can be navigated using a keyboard
- links, headings, and tables are formatted to work with screen readers
- images have alt tags
- Information is not conveyed by colour alone.
- The option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen)
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
Those using a print copy of this resource can find the URLs for any websites mentioned in this resource in the footnotes.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
While we strive to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below. There are currently no known issues.
The web version of this resource has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA. In addition, it follows all guidelines in Accessibility Toolkit: Checklist for Accessibility. The development of this toolkit involved working with students with various print disabilities who provided their personal perspectives and helped test the content.
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this guide
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact us to let us know so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
- e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader
You can contact us through the following web form: Report an Error
This statement was last updated on August 1, 2019.
- Web version: https://opentextbc.ca/indigenizationinstructors/ ↵
- Download this book in another file format: insert book's link here ↵
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0: https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/ ↵
- Accessibility Toolkit: Checklist for Accessibility: https://opentextbc.ca/accessibilitytoolkit/back-matter/appendix-checklist-for-accessibility-toolkit/ ↵