Appendix: Adoptions in B.C.
There are a number of ways that post-secondary institutions participate in and manage the adoption of open textbooks in British Columbia. See examples below.
Adoptions in action
- Open textbooks in use at Douglas College for Summer 2019
- Researchers describe patterns of open textbook adoptions in B.C. — July 23, 2018 (Open Douglas)
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Thompson Rivers University
University of British Columbia
- Open UBC Snapshot: Significant use and support for open resources — January 3, 2019
- Open UBC Snapshot: Use of open resources continues to increase — January 9, 2018
- UBC open textbook adoption snapshot — July 18, 2017
- Open UBC Snapshots: Textbook displacements by open resources — December 10, 2016
University of Victoria
BCIT, Douglas, KPU, RRU
Barker, Jennifer, Ken Jeffery, Rajiv Sunil Jhangiani, and George Veletsianos. “Eight Patterns of Open Textbook Adoption in British Columbia.” The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning 19, no. 3 (2018). https://doi.org/10.19173/irrodl.v19i3.3723
Hendricks, Christina, Stefan A. Reinsberg, and Georg W. Rieger. “The Adoption of an Open Textbook in a Large Physics Course: An Analysis of Cost, Outcomes, Use, and Perceptions.” The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning 18, no. 4 (2017). https://doi.org/10.19173/irrodl.v18i4.3006