BCcampus Open Education believes that education must be available to everyone. This means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the resources we produce.
Accessibility of This Resources
The web version of this resource Nanihtsulyaz ‘int’en (Do things gently) ʔes zuminstwáx kt (We take care of one another) has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA. In addition, it follows all guidelines in Appendix A: Checklist for Accessibility of the Accessibility Toolkit – 2nd Edition. It includes:
- Easy navigation. This text has a linked table of contents and uses headings in each chapter to make navigation easy.
- Accessible images. All images in this text that convey information have alternative text. Images that are decorative have empty alternative text.
- Accessible links. All links use descriptive link text.
|Headings||Content is organized under headings and subheadings that are used sequentially.||Yes|
|Images||Images that convey information include alternative text descriptions. These descriptions are provided in the alt text field, in the surrounding text, or linked to as a long description.||Yes|
|Images||Images and text do not rely on colour to convey information.||Yes|
|Links||The link text describes the destination of the link.||Yes|
|Links||Links do not open new windows or tabs. If they do, a textual reference is included in the link text.||Yes|
|Links||Links to files include the file type in the link text.||Yes|
|Font||Font size is 12 point or higher for body text.||Yes|
|Font||Font size is 9 point for footnotes or endnotes.||Yes|
|Font||Font size can be zoomed to 200% in the webbook or eBook formats.||Yes|
Known Accessibility Issues and Areas for Improvement
There are currently no known accessibility issues.
Let Us Know If You are Having Problems Accessing This Resource
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact us to let us know so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The name of the resource
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description.
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue (e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader)
You can contact us one of the following ways:
- Web form: BCcampus IT Support
- Web form: Report an Error
This statement was last updated on August 10, 2022.
The Accessibility Checklist table was adapted from one originally created by the Rebus Community and shared under a CC BY 4.0 License.