Workplace Safety in the Foodservice Industry
Workplace Safety in the Foodservice Industry is one of a series of Culinary Arts books developed to support the training of students and apprentices in BC’s foodservice and hospitality industry.
- WorkSafeBC Regulations in the Workplace
- Orientation and Training for Safety: An Essential Step
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Compensation and Benefits
- Workplace Hazards
- Warning Symbols (WHMIS 1988)
- Precautions When Using Hazardous Materials
- Emergency Procedures
- Workplace Safety Procedures
- Key Takeaways and Activities
Workplace Safety in the Foodservice Industry is one of a series of Culinary Arts open textbooks developed to support the training of students and apprentices in British Columbia’s foodservice and hospitality industry. Although created with the Professional Cook, Baker and Meatcutter programs in mind, these have been designed as a modular series, and therefore can be used to support a wide variety of programs that offer training in foodservice skills.
Workplace Safety covers British Columbia legislation and regulations for workplace safety, as well as an overview of general safety practices in commercial kitchens and other workplaces in the foodservice industry.
Other books in the series include:
- Food Safety, Sanitation, and Personal Hygiene
- Working in the Food Service Industry
- Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management
- Meat Cutting and Processing
- Human Resources in the Food Service and Hospitality Industry
- Understanding Ingredients for the Canadian Baker
- Nutrition and Labelling for the Canadian Baker
- Modern Pastry and Plated Dessert Techniques
Workplace Safety in the Foodservice Industry by go2HR is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.