Workplace Safety in the Food Service Industry
- Safety is a joint responsibility of the employer and employees.
- Always ask if you are unsure of how to complete a task safely.
- Always communicate to those working with you and a supervisor if you notice a safety hazard.
- Identify the different types of fire extinguishers and their appropriate uses.
- Review the safety and emergency procedures for your workplace or school.
- Make a list of any personal protective equipment you use at work or school.