Establish a Working Group
Now that you have completed this section, go through the checklist below to guide you through the process of establishing a new open working group or use it to revisit how your current open working group is set up.
- Establish a framework/approach for your open working group.
- Consider the fit for your institution. What sort of group can be the most effective? Formal or informal?
- Determine who are the open advocates or supporters at your institution and ways of engaging them in the open working group.
- List the relevant stakeholders and how you will engage them.
- Establish the open working group’s goals and purpose.
- Find ways that open education links with your institution’s strategic plan or vision.
- Identify potential funding options for open education at your institution.
- Find resources and support for open education.