This textbook is available in the following formats:
- Online webbook. You can read this textbook online on a computer or mobile device in one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
- PDF. You can download this book as a PDF to read on a computer (Digital PDF) or print it out (Print PDF).
- Mobile. If you want to read this textbook on your phone or tablet offline, you can use the EPUB (eReader) or MOBI (Kindle) files.
- HTML. An HTML file can be opened in a browser. It has very little style so it doesn’t look very nice, but some people might find it useful.
You can access the online webbook and download any of the formats for free here: Basic Motor Control. To download the book in a different format, look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu and select the file type you want.
|Format||Internet required?||Device||Required apps||Features||Screen reader compatible|
|Online webbook||Yes||Computer, tablet, phone||An internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)||Option to enlarge text and compatible with browser text-to-speech tools.||Yes|
|No||Computer, print copy||Adobe Reader||Ability to zoom in, highlight, and annotate the text.||Unsure|
|EPUB and MOBI||No||Computer, tablet, phone||Kindle app (MOBI) or eReader app (EPUB)||Option to enlarge text, change font style, size, and colour.||Unsure|
|HTML||No||Computer, tablet, phone||An internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)||Option to enlarge text and compatible with browser text-to-speech tools.||Yes|
Tips for Using This Textbook
- Search the textbook.
- If using the online webbook, you can use the search bar in the top right corner to search the entire book for a key word or phrase. To search a specific chapter, open that chapter and use your browser’s search feature by hitting [Cntr] + [f] (PC) or [Command] + [f] (Mac).
- The [Cntr] + [f] and [Command] + [f] keys will also allow you to search a PDF, HTML, EPUB, and MOBI files if you are reading them on a computer.
- If using an eBook app to read this textbook, the app should have a built-in search tool.
- Navigate the textbook.
- This textbook has a table of contents to help you navigate through the book easier. If using the online webbook, you can find the full table of contents on the book’s homepage or by selecting “Contents” from the top menu when you are in a chapter.
- Annotate the textbook.
- If you like to highlight or write on your textbooks, you can do that by getting a print copy, using the Digital PDF in Adobe Reader, or using the highlighting tools in eReader apps.
Webbook vs. All Other Formats
The webbook includes a number of interactive and multimedia components. These include video, interactive quizzes at the end of each section, and audio files. If you are not using the webbook to access this textbook, these elements will not be included. Instead, your copy of the text will provided a link to where you can access those interactive elements.
However, the interactive quizzes are provided in a static format at the back of the book: Offline Copies of Chapter Quizzes
Even if you decide to use a PDF or a print copy to access the textbook, you can access the webbook and download any other formats at any time.