After studying this section, students should be able to:
- Describe common electrical ratings as they apply to motors and motor starters.
- Describe and identify common styles of overload-protection devices.
- Describe and identify manual motor starters and their applications.
- Describe and identify the components and functions of magnetic motor starters used for both single direction and forward/reverse applications.
- Describe the function and application of control relays.
- Describe the function and application of timer relays including on-delay relays and off-delay relays.