Hair Colour for Hairstylists: Level 2
Hair colouring is one aspect of hairdressing that is ever-evolving due to constantly changing trends. A true colourist can confidently pull from the basics and adapt to new techniques and the needs of industry.
This manual serves as a guide for apprentices who desire to stretch beyond their foundational colour knowledge and skills so as to reach a higher level of competency. This text will walk the stylist step-by-step through many current and advanced techniques used in the industry today.
Whether you have completed a Hairstylist Foundations program, Apprenticeship program, or are currently enrolled in Hairstylist Level 2 or equivalent, this resource will be valuable to you.
Topics covered in this resource include:
- How to perform a thorough colour consultation, which revisits and builds upon the basics of trichology and colour theory.
- How to select, formulate, and apply various non-oxidative and oxidative colouring products and lighteners, based on a thorough consultation and advanced hair analysis.
- How to extend beyond basic colour placements to create truly customized colouring and foiling outcomes.
- How to select and perform an advanced hair painting service.
- How to sequence and perform an advanced colour correction service.