Working in the Food Service Industry is one of a series of Culinary Arts books developed to support the training of students and apprentices in British Columbia’s food service and hospitality industry. Although created with the Professional Cook, Baker, and Meat Cutter programs in mind, these have been designed as a modular series, and therefore can be used to support a wide variety of programs that offer training in food service skills.
Working in the Food Service Industry covers B.C. legislation and regulations for employment standards, as well as an overview of the “soft skills” of communication, conflict resolution, teamwork, and career planning.
Other books in the series include:
- Food Safety, Sanitation, and Personal Hygiene
- Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management
- Workplace Safety in the Food Service Industry
- Meat Cutting and Processing
- Human Resources in the Food Service and Hospitality Industry
- Nutrition and Labelling for the Canadian Baker
- Understanding Ingredients for the Canadian Baker
- Modern Pastry and Plated Dessert Techniques
The series has been developed collaboratively with participation from public and private post-secondary institutions.