Unit 5. Electronic communication
Unit 5: Self-test
Click play on the following audio player to listen along as you read this section.
Find answers to this self-test at the back of the book: Answers for Self-Tests
True or false
- A malware cannot gain unauthorized access to a computer and continuously run in the background without owner’s knowledge.
- A virus can make a copy of itself over and over again.
- A Trojan may claim to get rid your computer of viruses but instead introduces viruses onto your computer.
- The key difference between a virus and a worm is that a worm needs human action to replicate, whereas, a virus doesn’t.
- Enter a person’s email address to the ‘Cc’ field means that person will receive a copy of the email.
Fill in the blank
- A [blank] refers to a person who can gain unauthorized access to a computer or a network to commit crimes.
- A [blank] can spread from one computer to another through email attachments, removable storage devices, networks, etc.
- A [blank] is similar to a virus. It is designed to quickly self-replicate and spread copies of themselves from one computer to another.
- A [blank] can record a user’s Web browsing habits, email messages, keystrokes on online advertisements, personal information, etc., and forward it to a third party.
- Bcc is similar to that of Cc except that the email addresses are [blank] to the people in the “To” or “Cc” fields.
- The [blank] folder is the place where incoming emails are received and stored.
- Every email that you delete will be moved to the “[blank] Items” folder.
- [Blank] is a software that is designed to infiltrate, damage, disrupt, or infect computers.
- Malware is a single term that refers to all the different types of threats to your computer safety such as:
- Trojan horse
- all of the above
- [Blank] is a software that secretly monitors (spies) user’s online behaviour and gets sensitive information about a person or organization without the user’s knowledge.
- Trojan horse
- An unfinished email will be automatically saved to your [blank] folder.
- Deleted items