BCcampus believes that education needs to be available to everyone, which means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks and guides we produce.
The web version of this resource has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA. In addition, it follows all guidelines in “Appendix A: Checklist for Accessibility.” The development of the toolkit involved working with students with various print disabilities who provided their personal perspectives and helped test the content.
Accessibility features of the web version for this resource
The web version of the FLO Facilitator’s Guide has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features:
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- All content can be navigated using a keyboard.
- Links, headings, and tables have been designed to work with screen readers.
- Images include alternative text descriptions through ALT tags and long descriptions where necessary.
- The webbook has the option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen).
- Videos include transcripts.
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this guide is available in a number of file formats, including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
This book will sometimes link to external resources. For those using a print version, the web address will appear in the text or you can find the web addresses for all linked resources in the back matter of the book.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
While we strive to ensure that this guide is as accessible and as usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below.
|Location of issue||Need for improvement||Timeline||Workaround|
There are currently no known accessibility issues with this resource.
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this guide
We are always looking for how we can make our resources more accessible. If you are having problems accessing this guide, please contact us to let us know so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- A web address or page description that helps us find the problem
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue:
e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screenreader
You can contact us one of the following ways:
This statement was last updated on March 17, 2020.