27 Off-Centre Round Taper
- Draw a full complete with all and labeling. Label one half of the plan view, go from large end to small end, zigzagging back and forth with the numbering 1-14. Remember, every round to round will be on centre one way, but it is always worth drawing the whole thing.
- Create a and label all the element lines.
- Draw a vertical line equal to the of line 13-14.
- From the TLD, pick up the true length of line 13-12 and swing it from point 13 back towards point 14. Remember to work both sides at the same time.
- Next, pick up step-off 14-12, and swing it from point 14.
- Pick up line 12-11 from the TLD, and swing it from point 12.
- Pick up step-off 11-13, and swing it from point 13.
- Follow this same procedures, swing the true length of an element line and a step-off to create the next point until you reach point 1.
- Draw in the all the element lines and outside edges, use a flexible curve for the round ends.
looking down at something, a “birds eye view”, “floor plan” (2D)
a line representing an edge or bend
a 90° corner in that we use to find the actual length of a line
a dimension or line that is not distorted by the view