Radial Line Pattern Development
Any number of sides can be developed with this same method.
- Draw a and . When a pyramid is being developed, the plan view must have a point on the X axis to to give it a true length in the elevation view.
- Locate a radius point where you want to develop the pattern.
- With your compass, take the from the elevation view and swing an arc ().
- Establish a starting point for the pattern and draw a line back to the radius point. The starting point can be anywhere along the arc.
- Set your compass to a length equal to one side of the base. From your starting point, swing it as many times as sides along the stretch-out arc.
- Connect all the points back to the radius point to complete the pattern.
looking down at something, a “birds eye view”, “floor plan” (2D)
looking at the front or side of something, to have elevation (height), 2D
the hypotenuse of a cone, outside edge. The slant height is always a true length in the elevation view
the angle or arc which encompasses a radial line pattern