Building Personal Resilience
Purpose of Module
An important aspect of this work is prioritizing our own self-nourishment. As a post-secondary student, you likely have many responsibilities on your plate. Between studying, volunteering, and working it can be easy to put one’s own well-being on the back burner. However, if we don’t give our own mental health the attention it deserves, we can find ourselves slipping into burnout. In this module we will talk about building resilience, creating wellness plans, and practicing self-compassion.
- You will be able to recognize the importance of creating a self-nourishment plan to help manage stress.
- You will be able to apply wellness principles as you create personal boundaries around work issues.
- You will be able to assess your situation and create wellness plans to support yourself when struggling.
- You will learn the concept of self-compassion and have tools to apply the practice in your life.
Throughout this module, please consider and reflect on the Core Values. When you are finished going through this module, please come back to this page and jot down some thoughts about how you will apply the Core Values in your work related to this topic. If you need a refresh of the definition of the Core Values see the graphic at the end of this module.
- Hope and Wholeness for All
- Respect, Dignity, and Equity
- Belonging and Community