Appendix A: Education Associations and Organizations
Canada’s Open Education Initiatives
Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
Creative Commons (CC) Canada
- Open Government (Canada)
- Open Database of Educational Facilities
- Roadmap for Open Science
- Student Debt: Canada’s Repayment Assistance Plan (for student loans)
- If you are having difficulty or are unable to make your payments, you can apply to have the Government of Canada and your provincial or territorial government help you by paying towards your loan with the Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP).
- Canada Student Financial Assistance Program
Post-secondary Institution Associations
Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) (“the Agencies”) are federal granting agencies that promote and support research, research training and innovation within Canada. As research and scholarship become increasingly multi-disciplinary and collaborative, both domestically and internationally, the Agencies are working to facilitate research partnerships by harmonizing domestic policies and aligning with the global movement to open access.
Authors of scholarly articles: See Understanding Author Agreements (from Western University Libraries)
- Canadian Alliance of Student Associations (CASA | ACAE)
- Canadian Association of College & University Student Services (CACUSS)
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)