For assistance, please contact:
- Donna Langille, Community Engagement Librarian
Phone: 250 807-9233
- Michelle Lamberson, Director, Flexible Learning
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
For help providing open educational resources to students in the classroom, please contact:
Tenure and promotion
- See pages 16, 19, and 48: Contributions to the practice and theory of teaching and learning literature, including publications in peer-reviewed and professional journals, conference publications, book chapters, textbooks and open education repositories / resources.
- University of British Columbia: Recognizing open in promotion and tenure – July 8, 2018 (Educause Review)
Open textbooks adoptions at UBC
- Open UBC Snapshot: Significant commitments to open resources – March 9, 2020
- Open UBC Snapshot: Significant use and support for open resources – January 3, 2019
- Open UBC Snapshot: Use of open resources continues to increase – January 9, 2018
- UBC open textbook adoption snapshot – July 18, 2017
- Open UBC Snapshots: Textbook displacements by open resources – December 10, 2016
Digital assessment tools
No student shall be required to purchase access to a fee-based Digital Assessment Tool, including those sold as a Bundled Resource, for any UBC Okanagan course.
- Read the Digital Assessment Tools Senate Policy.
- Open textbook catalogue: Open texts created by faculty and students at the University of British Columbia in support of open educational practices on campus.
- cIRcle is an open access digital repository for published and unpublished material created by the UBC community and its partners. Its aim is to showcase and preserve UBC’s unique intellectual output by making content freely available to anyone, anywhere via the web.
- Open UBC is a curated collection of resources for faculty and students to learn about the why, what and how of open education practices and what they mean to teaching and learning at UBC. It will evolve as our practices evolve on our campuses and beyond
- Program for Open Scholarship and Education (POSE): A new one-year flexible and blended program jointly presented by the UBC Open Working Group, the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and UBC Library. The program will help you develop foundational knowledge of Open Scholarship, Open Education and Open Research.
Open textbooks – new
- Introduction to Engineering Thermodynamics by Claire Yu Yan
- Laboratory Manual for Introduction to Physical Geography, First British Columbia Edition contributing authors Stuart MacKinnon (editor), Fes de Scally, Craig Nichol, Ian Saunders
Open textbooks – adapted
- Physical Geology, H5P Edition by Karla Panchuk
- Rebus Community Reports: Insights from OER Project Leads by Donna Lagille (UBC-O)
On-campus OE Sustainability
Grants and projects
OPEN EDUCATION IN ACTION
- For information about this working group and how to join, contact Donna Langille, Community Engagement Librarian at email@example.com
Blogs and news
- BCcampus’ 2020 Open Education Foundation Grant for Institutions – July 23, 2020 (UBC Okanagan Library)
- Announcing BCcampus’ 2020 Open Education Grant Recipients: Laying Foundations and Sustaining Futures – June 25, 2020 (BCcampus)
- Collaboration in the Interior opens new doors – April 28, 2020 (BCcampus News)
Research and presentations
- Developing Strategic Learning – Peter Nolan (September 24, 2019)
- Strategic Learning: Scholarly Engagement – Peter Nolan (November 5, 2019)
- Donna Langille