Final Exam Preparation
Questions from Chapters 1 to 3
- Evaluate if and .
For problems 2 and 3, solve for
- Find the equation that has a slope of and passes through the point (1, 4).
- Find the distance between the points (−4, −2) and (4, 4).
- Graph the relation .
For problems 7 and 8, find the solution set and graph it.
In problems 9 and 10, set up each problem algebraically and solve. Be sure to state what your variables represent.
- The weight (wm) of an object on Mars varies directly with its weight (we) on Earth. A person who weighs 95 lb on Earth weighs 38 lb on Mars. How much would a 240 lb person weigh on Mars?
- Find two consecutive even integers such that their sum is 20 less than the second integer.
Questions from Chapters 4 to 6
For problems 1–3, find the solution set of each system by any convenient method.
For problems 4–6, perform the indicated operations and simplify.
For problems 7 and 8, factor each expression completely.
- How many litres of club soda (carbonated water) must be added to 2 litres of 35% fruit juice to turn it into a carbonated drink diluted to 8% fruit juice?
- Kyra has 14 coins with a total value of If all the coins are dimes and quarters, how many of each kind of coin does she have?
Questions from Chapters 7 to 9
In problems 1–3, perform the indicated operations and simplify.
For questions 4–6, simplify each expression.
For questions 7 and 8, solve by any convenient method.
In problems 9 and 10, find the solution set of each system by any convenient method.
- The length of a rectangle is 5 cm longer than twice the width. If the area of the rectangle is 75 cm2, find its length and width.
- Find three consecutive odd integers such that the product of the first and the second is 25 less than 8 times the third.
<a class=”internal” href=”/intermediatealgebraberg/back-matter/final-exam-version-b-answer-key/”>Final Exam: Version B