Final Exam Preparation
Questions from Chapters 1 to 3
- Evaluate if and .
For problems 2 and 3, solve for .
- Write an equation of the vertical line that passes through the point (−2, −3).
- Find the distance between the points (−4, −2) and (2, 6).
- Graph the relation .
For problems 7 and 8, find the solution set and graph it.
In problems 9 and 10, set up each problem algebraically and solve. Be sure to state what your variables represent.
- The time required to empty a tank varies inversely to the rate of pumping If a pump can empty a tank in 45 minutes at the rate of 600 kL/min, how much time will it take the pump to empty the same tank at the rate of 1000 kL/min?
- Find two consecutive odd integers such that their sum is 12 less than four times the first integer.
Questions from Chapters 4 to 6
For problems 1–3, find the solution set of each system by any convenient method.
For problems 4–6, perform the indicated operations and simplify.
For problems 7 and 8, factor each expression completely.
- A 50 kg mixture of two different grades of coffee costs If grade A is worth per kg and grade B is worth per kg, how many kg of each type were used?
- Kyra gave her brother Mark a logic question to solve: If she has 16 coins in her pocket worth and if the coins are only dimes and quarters, how many of each kind of coin does she have?
Questions from Chapters 7 to 9
In problems 1–3, perform the indicated operations and simplify.
For questions 4–6, simplify each expression.
For questions 7 and 8, solve by any convenient method.
In problems 9 and 10, find the solution set of each system by any convenient method.
- The base of a right triangle is 6 cm longer than its height. If the area of this triangle is 20 cm2, find the length of both the base and the height.
- Find three consecutive even integers such that the product of the first two is 8 more than six times the third number.
<a class=”internal” href=”/intermediatealgebraberg/back-matter/final-exam-prep-answer-key/”>Final Exam: Version A Answer Key