Midterm 1 Preparation
Midterm 1: Version A
- Evaluate: if and
- Solve for in the equation
- Isolate the variable in the equation .
- Solve for in the equation .
- Write an equation of the vertical line that passes through the point
- Find the equation that has a slope of and passes through the point
- Find the equation of the line passing through the points and .
- Graph the relation .
For questions 9 to 11, find each solution set and graph it.
- Graph the relation
- Find two numbers such that 5 times the larger number plus 3 times the smaller is 47, and 4 times the larger minus twice the smaller is 20.
- Karl is going to cut a 36 cm cable into 2 pieces. If the first piece is to be 5 times as long as the second piece, find the length of each piece.
- varies jointly with and and inversely with the square of If when and find the constant then use to find when and
<a class=”internal” href=”/intermediatealgebraberg/back-matter/midterm-one-version-a-answer-key/”>Midterm 1: Version A Answer Key