Module 16: Competency Test 3 Open Book
When you have completed this module, you will be able to:
- Within a one-hour time limit, complete a written exam and a lab exercise without the aid of a key.
The AutoCAD 2D book was written with competency based modules. What that means is that you have not completed each module until you have mastered it. The Competency Test module contains multiple choice questions and a comprehensive lab exercise to test your mastery of the set of modules that you completed. There are no answers or keys supplied in a Competency Test module since it is meant to be checked by your instructor. If there are any parts of this module that you have trouble completing, you should go back and reread the module or modules containing the information that you are having trouble with. If necessary, redo as many lab exercises required until you fully understand the material.
If you are Completing this book:
- Without the Aid of an Instructor, complete the written test and the lab exercise.
- In a Classroom with an Instructor, the instructor will give instructions on what to do after this module has been completed.
Multiple Choice Questions
Select the BEST answer.
- Objects can be trimmed and extended in the same command. After it is trimmed or extended, depending on the initial command entered, which key can be pressed to apply the opposite command?
- What extension does AutoCAD automatically add to the users assigned drawing name when a drawing is saved?
- Which one of the following statements best describes a good use for the ID command?
- To extend an object to where it intersects another
- To trim an object to where it intersects another
- To insert a tangent
- To change the properties of an
- To set a reference
- What command is used to change the global linetype scale for the current drawing?
- Which one of the following best describes a crossing window when selecting objects?
- Selects all objects totally inside the window but not the ones that it crosses.
- Selects all objects that it crosses and the ones outside the window.
- Selects all objects totally inside the window and the ones it crosses.
- Selects only the objects that totally cross the window.
- Selects all the objects that are outside the window.
- What type of AutoCAD drawing object does the FILLET command insert?
- What command is used to insert a tangent arc between two lines?
- What layer will the newly constructed drawing object reside on when it is created using the OFFSET command? Select the BEST answer.
- It won’t be on any layer.
- The same layer as the object being offset.
- On the layer you specify in the command.
- The current Layer
- Layer zero
- Which one of the following statements best describes the OFFSET command?
- Creates an object perpendicular to an existing object at a specified distance.
- Creates an object tangent to an existing object at a specified distance.
- Creates an object parallel to an existing object at a specified distance.
- Creates an object where it intersects an existing object at a specified distance.
- Creates an object at the same location as the existing object.
- What command is used to insert a line tangent to two circles?
Lab Exercise 16-1 OPEN BOOK
|AutoCAD 2D Lab 16-1||2D English||Inches|
|Layer Name||Objects on Layer||Color|
Draw the object shown in the figure. (Figure Step 1A and 1B)
Draw all construction objects on layer: Construction. When complete, freeze layer: Construction.
Save and close the drawing.