Feedback on Activities
Well, this is an unfair question, partly because the photo doesn’t show all the technologies, and also because you wouldn’t know what software or services were included, but just for the record, here’s my list:
1. Laptop computer
2. Music CD
3. Book: yes, a printed book is a technological artefact! It doesn’t have to be digital to be a technology.
4. Mobile phone
5. Satellite receiver/converter
6. Television monitor
7. DVD player
8. Apple TV box
9. Audio-visual receiver/control box with 7 channels, 1080p HDMI, Dolby and DTS format support
10. Loudspeakers (3 in picture, including a woofer, back right)
11. Remote control (one: for all equipment except computer, mobile phone and book)
Almost impossible to list and unobservable anyway, but would include iTunes, iPhoto (uses photos from iPhoto library as a screen saver for the TV monitor when music is playing), digital conversion in the A/V receiver, etc., etc.
Satellite TV (could have been cable, or broadband telephone, but isn’t)
Satellite broadcast television channels
Radio stations (global choice, via Sonos)
Apple TV (including Netflix and other streaming services)
Sonos music (including Deezer, a service similar to Netflix for music)
Necessary for integration
Single remote control (eHarmony)
Apple Mac Pro laptop computer
Mobile phone (controls Sonos and iTunes)
My wish for the future: one portable box, please!!!!!!!!
I think whoever owns this home entertainment system could do with a model for technology selection (OK, I’ll admit it, it’s mine). Or is it that the home entertainment industry needs to get its act together? But I digress.