From the list below:
- a learning management system
- a blog
- online collaborative learning
- Second Life
- a podcast
- an open textbook
1. Determine which is a medium and which a technology, or which could be both, and under what conditions.
|learning management system||either: technology as software, medium when used for course delivery|
|blog||medium (WordPress or other blog software is the technology)|
|online collaborative learning||medium|
|either, but mainly a medium|
2. Decide where, from your experience, each medium or technology should be placed on Figure 6.4.3. Write down why.
- online collaborative learning, because it is highly communicative but the teacher has a good deal of control over the medium
- Twitter, because it is definitely under the control of the learner, but it is also as much a broadcast as a communicative medium.
With both these, I gave more importance to the broadcast/communicative dimension compared with the control dimension.