Appendix 2: Questions to guide media selection and use
17. Which media are likely to take a lot of your time to develop? Which could you do quickly and easily?
18. How much time do you spend preparing lectures? Could that time be better spent preparing learning materials, then using the time saved from delivering lectures on interaction with students (online and/or face-to-face)?
19. Is there a possibility of extra funding for innovative teaching or technology applications? How could you best use that funding?
20. What kind of help can you get in your institution from instructional designers and media professionals for media design and development?
21. What open educational resources could be used for this course? Could you use an open textbook, thereby saving students the cost of buying textbooks? Can the library or your learning technology support group help identify potential OERs for your course?