Accounts and Users
Only Administrators of a book can add users to that book in Pressbooks. Here is how it’s done:
First, make sure the person you would like to add has a Pressbooks account. If they don’t, they will need to create one.
To add a user,
- Go to your book’s Dashboard.
- Find the Users tab in the left-hand menu.
- Click “Add Existing.”
- Enter the email of the person you would like to add to the book. (It must be the email they gave when they signed up for Pressbooks.)
- Select the desired role for your new user. See below for role options.
User roles include:
- Administrator: The highest permission level. Administrators can add, edit, and delete posts, they can add and delete users, and they can delete a book.
- Editor: Editors can add, edit, manage, and publish posts, even those of others.
- Author: Authors can write, edit, and publish their own posts, but not those of others.
- Contributor: Contributors can only write and edit their own posts.
- Subscriber: Subscribers have the lowest level of permissions. Subscribers can only read posts.
|Private/ Public setting (Organize)||√||x||x||x||x|
|Appearance||√||√ (but no “Themes”)||x||x||x|
|Textbooks for PB||√||√||√||√||x|
|Profile||x (see “Users”)||√||√||√||√|
The person who has been added will receive an email invitation and a link to the book. They will need to click a confirmation link in order to access the book.
|For more information, see Users and Collaborators in the Pressbooks User Guide.|