LaTeX Questions Answered
This section answers both broad and specific questions about LaTeX in Pressbooks including:
- Where can I learn about LaTeX?
- What is LaTeX?
- How do I write a LaTeX expression in Pressbooks?
- Which LaTeX commands work in Pressbooks?
- How do I view an expression as it appears in LaTeX markup?
- What is the difference between MathJax and QuickLaTeX?
- How do I know if I’m using MathJax or QuickLaTeX?
- Should LaTeX be used for all expressions, including simple ones?
- Is there a simple website or application that I can use to test my LaTeX before adding it to Pressbooks?
- What kind of symbols can I write using LaTeX?
- How do I cross something out?
- How do I create an array using LaTeX?
- How do I make brackets around an expression bigger?
- How do I write the correlation coefficient?
- Can I use characters from the Pressbooks special character bank in LaTeX commands?
- Why won’t my LaTeX render properly in the PDF export of my book when it works fine in the web book?