Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About BCcampus Open Education
1. What You Can Do with Pressbooks
2. The Admin Interface
3. Accessibility of Pressbooks
4. Content Disclaimer
5. Pressbooks Accounts
6. Passwords and Usernames
7. Provide Access to Others
8. Create a New Book
9. Create Non-English Resources
10. Structure the Book: Parts and Chapters
11. Front and Back Matter
12. Book Appearance and Formatting
13. Word Count
14. Import Options for Pressbooks Content
15. Clone a Book
16. Import a Pressbooks or WordPress File
17. Import a Web Page or Pressbooks Webbook
18. Import a Word Document
19. Copy and Paste
20. Import a Google Doc
21. Import an OpenDocument Text (ODT) File
22. Import an EPUB File
23. Create Accessible Resources
24. Using the Pressbooks Editor
25. Hyperlink Material
26. Blockquotes and Pullquotes
27. Lists: Bulleted and Numbered
29. Images and Files
31. Videos, Audio, and Interactive Media
32. Media Attributions
33. Footnotes and Endnotes
34. Glossary Terms
35. Revisions Tool
36. Formatting Tips and Problems
37. Math Support
38. Where can I learn about LaTeX?
39. What is LaTeX?
40. How do I write a LaTeX expression in Pressbooks?
41. Which LaTeX commands work in Pressbooks?
42. How do I view an expression as it appears in LaTeX markup?
43. What is the difference between MathJax and QuickLaTeX?
44. How do I know if I'm using MathJax or QuickLaTeX?
45. Should LaTeX be used for all expressions, including simple ones?
46. Is there a simple website or application that I can use to test my LaTeX before adding it to Pressbooks?
47. What kind of symbols can I write using LaTeX?
48. How do I cross something out?
49. How do I write a fraction in LaTeX?
50. How do I create an array using LaTeX?
51. How do I create a long division equation in LaTeX?
52. How do I make brackets around an expression bigger?
53. How do I write the correlation coefficient?
54. Can I use characters from the Pressbooks special character bank in LaTeX commands?
55. Why won't my LaTeX render properly in the PDF export of my book when it works fine in the web book?
56. LaTeX Equation Templates
57. Activate Plugins
58. H5P for Interactive Material
61. WP QuickLaTeX
62. Third-Party Plugins
63. Delete a Chapter
64. Delete a Part
65. Delete a Book
66. Annotation with Hypothesis
68. Create a Book Cover
69. Fill Out the Book Info Page
70. Export Files
71. Make a Book Public
72. Pressbooks Directory
73. Import an Open Textbook into an LMS
74. Book Statistics Inside Pressbooks
75. Statistics for Books in the B.C. Open Textbook Collection
76. Statistics for BCcampus Publications
78. Pressbooks Video Tutorial Series
79. LaTeX Support
80. Pressbooks FAQ
81. Pressbooks Updates
82. Pressbooks Feedback
Appendix A: Administrators, Developers, Technical Support
Appendix B: Pressbooks Catalogues
Appendix C: Editing OpenStax Textbooks
Appendix D: Other Pressbooks Resources
See Third-Party Plugins in The Pressbooks Network Manager’s Guide.
Pressbooks Guide by OER Production Team is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.