In the last row of the WYSIWYG toolbar, there are three icons for specialized textboxes. Each of these is designed with special content in mind:
- LO = Learning Objectives (or learning outcomes)
- KT = Key Takeaways (or key Terms or glossary)
- EX = Exercises (or lessons or quizzes)
While it is recommended that these special textboxes be used as designed—metadata has been added to each textbox for optimal discoverability—the headings can be rewritten to better reflect the exact content added.
Specialized textboxes can also be added using the Textboxes drop-down list available in the second row of the WYSIWYG toolbar.
For more information, see Tables and Textboxes in the Pressbooks User Guide.
Standard and shaded textboxes
See Tables and Textboxes in the Pressbooks User Guide.
All textboxes available in the Textboxes drop-down list of the WYSIWYG toolbar are also available as sidebars. Here are characteristics to take note of:
- The sidebar aligns to the right side of the page.
- Text placed below the sidebar will wrap around the sidebar in the webbook and export formats.
- The sidebar occupies 25% of the page width by default. You can change this setting with the Custom Styles feature. (See Custom Styles.)
- This feature works best with the Open Textbook theme. (See Themes.)