BCcampus Open Education believes that education must be available to everyone; this means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks we produce.
The web version of this resource has been designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, level AA. In addition, it follows all guidelines in Appendix A: Checklist for Accessibility of the Accessibility Toolkit – 2nd Edition.
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of Composition and Literature includes the following features:
- It as been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology:
- all content can be navigated using a keyboard
- links, headings, tables use proper markup
- all images have text descriptions
- It includes an option to increase font size. (See tab on top right of screen titled, “Increase Font Size.”)
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the Download this book drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
If you are using a print copy of this textbook, websites linked to in this text will be underlined. You can find the web addresses for all websites mentioned in this book in the back matter in the chapter called “List of Links by Chapter for Print Users.”
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
This textbooks contains links to a number of external websites that may not conform to accessibility guidelines. This includes links to literature pieces that are still under copyright and as such could not be reproduced in this book. The following linked resources are inaccessible:
|Yellow Woman||Leslie Marmon Silko (1948-)||A scanned PDF|
If you have a more accessible version of any of the above resources, please let us know by contacting BCcampus Support.
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this book
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact us to let us know, so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader
You can contact us one of the following ways:
- Web form: BCcampus OpenEd Help
- Web form: Report an Error
This statement was last updated on August 19, 2019.