BCcampus Open Education believes that education must be available to everyone which means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks and support resources we produce.
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of the OER By Discipline Directory has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features:
- All content can be navigated using a keyboard
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- links and headings are formatted to work with screen readers
- images have alt tags or are described in surrounding text
- Information is not conveyed by colour alone.
- There is an option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen)
Other file formats available
This resource is updated regularly, so there are no additional file types publically posted. But if you require a different format (for example, a PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), or other editable files) let us know, and we can provide them.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
While we strive to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below.
While there are currently no known accessibility issues in this directory, we do link to external resources throughout this directory; and we cannot guarantee that the resources we are linking to conform to accessibility guidelines.
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this directory
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact us to let us know so we can fix the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
- e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader
This statement was last updated on May 13, 2019.